Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tis the Season

:: Deep Breath ::

Ahh . . .

Hello December. It's good to have you back. Your cold burns the lungs, and numb the cheeks, and when you snow, it feels as though I am walking through a haze of cold, wet stars that fly past me with the vehemence of a hurricane. But I love the moments when the snow stops, and everything is encased in a chilly photograph, freezing the world into the exact moment of tranquility that comes after the storm. Thanks December, it's good to have you back.

Time flies huh? We all knew this to be true, we hear it from such a young age, we expect life to move by us faster then it should be. It is this attention to time, that make us think of life as a slow thing. When you count the ticks of a minute, you realize just how long sixty seconds is.

But then in high school, you get busy. Whether it's sports or clubs, or work, or a job, or whatever, you take your eyes off the clock, and suddenly the world is passing you by faster then before. Grandfather Time, that sneaky bastard, steals away the seconds while you're busy living, and the moment you have to yourself, to look back at the clock, you're halfway through your second year of college. 

What a jerk, am I right?

I guess what I'm saying is, time is moving a lot faster then it used to. I know it isn't ACTUALLY moving faster, I'm not sitting in a room where the clocks have gone haywire, the clock hands going backwards and forwards screaming like some weird Pee-Wee Herman acid trip, but, well, sometimes it feels like that. I remember starting this blogarooni all the way back in August when I first got here at school. And now, it's almost Christmas. Crazy stuff huh?

Christmas, oh boy, that's a whole 'nother blog to get myself started on, but I will make these points . . .

-I'm trying to go out of my way with those I get gifts, especially my parents. As kids, they get us some of the most ridiculous things, and a lot of them, and all we give them are, "I GOT YOU A CUP FULL OF CANDY THAT I KNOW YOU'RE NOT GOING TO EAT!" You can only do that so many times. So I'm trying to do better with that, same with my brother.

- Psst . . . Bema! I know you read this blog, and I know if I ask you what you're hankering for, for Christmas, you'll just tell me not to worry about it, but if you DO have something you're in the mood for, let me know, same with Papa, or else it's going to be a cup full of candy I know you're not going to eat =]

-Early Christmas shopping makes life easier. Late Christmas shopping makes life extreme.

-The older you get, the less you want for Christmas. Or maybe you're just more realistic about what you're actually going to get. I think it's the last one.

Regardless, that's only the shopping aspect of it. I'll do a blog about Christmas-ness soon. But I'll also be blogging about some cool things peeps can pick up for others, stuff I like that I think others might like as gifts. So that'll be soon.

Also, I'm going to be doing some mini-reviews of WOT: The Gathering Storm and Peter and Max, two amazing books I read last month that I never got around to reviewing. So I'll be doing that too. 

But right now, I'm off to an open mic. So I'll go do that and see you all when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment