Saturday, January 16, 2010

Adios Winter Break

Well ladies and gents, it's time again to pack the suitcase and head back to school. Shove all the clothes I own and like into two bags, about a pound of medicinal pills and whatnot, and a good fifty or more books.

Because yes, I have two boxes of books. One is a book box, one is a comic book box, both contain random dvds and the like.

It's getting kind of ridiculous. Ah well . . . such is the life I lead.

But it's been a great break. It has been surprisingly productive, especially since it's me we're talking about here. But it has been. Let's see . . .

-Edited 3 stories and they are currently on their way to publishers :: fingers crossed ::
-Started the third draft of Fallen, first act is done, second on the way
-Started a few new short stories
-Editing a couple of more stories
-Thoughts on new projects and novels
-Creating/editing new magic systems
-And very proud of this, I wrote a new One Act Play called Heroics which I'm pretty happy with, just need to edit it up, and par it down!
-Also, wrote a poem

And that's just writing productivity! I got a couple days of work in, finished Super Mario Bros. Wii (amazing!) and Batman: Arkham Asylum (Awesome!), saw tons of friends, had adventures, some fudged up dreams, had some good bro-chill time, and just had a great time with my family.

God, it's weird all this back and forth. Just reminds me of the huge change I felt when I first started the process. And if you know me, you know I hate change. I deal with it, but for example, I've ordered the same thing at Panera for the past three years, and I can't even change my wallet. (Don't tell my Mom, she'll be pissed).

But it's something I've gotten used to. Strange as it is, it's still nice to be heading back to school. The break is just long enough to enjoy home, and I did, I enjoyed it to its fullest. But now it's time to head back. Back to classes, reslife, theatre, my sketchys, TC, and the general insanity of my life.

I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment