Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ever Notice How The End Of The Road Looks A Lot Like The Beginning?

Because here we seem to be again. New semester, new classes, new schedules, new frustrations, and hopefully new friends. It all seems new and exciting and wondrous, partially because it and partially because it is not.

We've reached a nice cyclical point in our lives, so endings look like beginnings. I dread the point in my life when beginnings look a lot like endings.

But all is well, to be honest. I finished the latest draft of Fallen. This looks to be about the final draft actually. I can't imagine too much revision, aside from getting the page count down. As it stands, acts one and two are about the same length, but i think i need to still cut down act two. A well, I'll find out Thursday at the last reading.

Classes are good, and it is indeed nice to be back. Wednesdays are going to be brutal, but I can handle it. I'm taking a philosophy class which I'm warming up to, and exploration seems good; any guy who makes liberal use of star wars music, futurama and simpsons in the first class slideshow is a-ok in my book.

I am again a Pac Rat this semester. Playwriting with James which is great, audition techniques with Yvonne who is amazing and Acting 2 with Eileen who is a blast.

Take all of that, toss in a play I'm writing, Sketchys Characters, Residential Life, Theatre Council and trying to achieve plenty of sleep and it's going to be a good semester.

It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment