Thursday, November 19, 2009

All's Well That Ends Well

I did not get cast for the other spring semester show.

This makes me sad and pissed and a little bitter.

Welcome to the world of the actor.

But, who am I to say what the other director was looking for? Hell, there were only four male roles it turns out, and well, I just didn't fit in for it. But I do have friends in it, who were cast and I wish them all the best in it and hearty, sincere congratulations.

I would have loved to have been a part of either production, hell, I'll take Tree #3 for godsake.

But, I suppose I just have to think of this as a positive thing. I'm way too busy as it is and I'm only going to get busier. Plus, it's not as though I'm entirely uninvolved in the Theatre Department. They're putting on one of my shows for goodness sake, and I'm part of the Season Selection Committee, so that's all still good.

This is just going to the be the first year I have not acted in a school production, at least in the Spring Semester. It's a strange feeling, but it also gives me hope.

Hope, that now, Matt and I can pull off doing Shakespeare Abridged! Huzzah! To the Drawing Board!

No comments:

Post a Comment