Saturday, November 14, 2009

RIP

Also, I just wanted to make a quick post about my Auntie Linda, who passed away today, two years ago. Two years flies fast, too fast it seems at times. I can still remember sitting in the comic shop, a stack of comics in front of me, just staring aimless into them, processing the news. 

And it sucks.

It is always going to suck.

But I will not spend this post complaining on that which life has dealt my family and I. All I will say, is I miss her. A lot. I miss her kooky laugh, and her stubborn manner and her caring heart. I miss her yelling at Dad over whether or not we could jump on couches, or her acting like a kid because she felt like it. I miss her infectious energy, her smile, her ginormous tank of a truck and her liberal rules when it came to what exactly we could and could not do in her house. 

What I miss most however, is the time we will not have together. How she won't hear my crazy college stories, or how I'm failing or succeeding with the ladies; how she won't make fun of Dad getting older, or Bren losing his hair (I don't think he is, but try telling him that), or Mike going to Germany. How my writing is going and my acting, and all things of that nature. 

But I figure, wherever she is right now, she'd be proud, of who I am, and who I am becoming. 

And I'm going to keep trying to do that for her. 

Much love Auntie Linda, we miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment