Saturday, September 5, 2009

Back Home

That's what I like about you Internet. No matter how busy I am, or how crazy things get, you're always around to listen to my rants. 

I mean, until the great uprising of machine men. Then I'll be around to listen to you rant!

But things are going well. Thank you for being patience fans, compatriots and minions. Life here in the great land of Albany has been . . . nice. Surprisingly, weather has been nice and cool, a little sunny here and there, with nary a cloud to dot the horizon. Soon, the leaves will burn to a bright orange and passionate red, but for now they display their green proudly, a color rarely seen during the school year. And then later on, that autumnal pattern will fade and wash to cool grey and blue of winter, but that is something for later on. 

Classes are going well. Science Fiction is a blast, right up my alley. Though I worry that sooner or later there's going to be a Star Wars vs. Lord of the Rings argument and then we'll have a civil war in class and there's going to be ents and lightsabers and rings and things flying this way and that and I'll have to choose a side. Ah well. 

Voice class is strange but fun, as we study relaxation techniques, and things. Have hardly used our voices yet haha. Play analysis and Intro to Writing are good, pretty basic as it sits right now, but not bad. Theater Design is fun, but she wants us to make an inspirational journal, of art that inspires us. She does know, mine is going to be filled with comic art, right?

Let's see . . . what else is new . . .

Oh, I was awarded the Improv Chair position in the Sketchy Characters, so that's good. I was the only guy running for it. I had tough competition, equal in skill and handsome looks, but the better man won, I think. Also, had the first meeting of Theater Council; lots of folks showed up, which was awesome and we did some improv afterwards, which rocked. Now the problem is getting them to keep showing up haha.

And aside from that, well want to give a quick shout out to Brendan, his first home game is tonight, so I wish him well in that, kick some tail bro-ha! A shout-out to Mike, who I hear is doing stupendiforously in the Fatherland aka Germany. Keep it up Bro! And a shout-out to Bema, who I heard is not feeling so hot, so I wish her a speedy recovery and much love! :D

Alright, working all weekend. Please State Quad, don't be stupid tonight while I'm on duty. Ha, later!

No comments:

Post a Comment