Sunday, September 27, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Hello world of blogging, sorry I haven't been here as often as you or I would like. Been a bit busy, what with the whole, "I have no free time ever," thing.

I am currently home, sitting in the quiet lull of my living room, having just read, I would have to estimate, about 80 different comic books in the past day or two. And those are only the ones I absolutely had to read. I imagine when I come back for Thanksgiving Break, I may need to have a spare pair of eyeballs, these are almost ready to fall out. 

It's been absolutely awesome being home, away from the stress of school. At school it's a constant back and forth of, "I need to do this and this and this and this and this and . . ." you get my point. 

Here I've been able to relax, hang out with the dog, catch up with mom and dad, who are doing fine and dandy for all those concerned. Dad's still a wise-ass and Mom is still extremely great about helping me and reminding me of things I would always forget. 

Tomorrow I plan to go visit my old haunt, Albertus Magnus. I say haunt in that, I would choose to be there regardless, not just because it was my school. I plan on seeing friends, and teachers and avoiding some folks, and most likely causing a scene or two, or maybe even just a slight ruckus . . . we could always use more of those, yes? Yes, I will walk those halls of academia again, and try my old lockers, and get weird looks from the kids who don't know me, and quite possibly hit the fire bell, just to mess with folks. 

What else is new and exciting? 

- I have plotted out the ending of Fallen, and will proceed to finish the play as soon as possible. 
- Discovered that if you look long enough, most anything will go with hummus at 2 in the morning.
- My friends met Bo Burnham . . . very cool and very tall
- I keep coming up with intricate, edgy story ideas that will deal with the fourth wall of literature known as meta-drama, but my limited human intellect keeps me from plotting them out. 
- I missed my dog a lot, I'm glad she's here.
- Mike had a blast at Ocktoberfest . . . lucky duck.
- I have dedicated myself to re-reading the Wheel of Time series from the very beginning, and I know I will not finish it by the time, "The Gathering Storm," comes out in October, but hey, I'll keep it up. Amazing series. If you're looking to get into a series that will show you just how to write the epic fantasy, this may be it for you . . . or if you want something to do for 8 months, also something to do.
- Things with the girl go well; more on this as it develops.
- I read a lot of comics . . . my brain hurts.
- Had a dream where I was playing piano with Lucifer, who was generally amiable, and surprisingly forthcoming with advice on how to recover a soul from a devil's pact.
- Am now realizing I am rambling, because it is almost in 2AM.
-Will now sign off but not before . . . 

I do not think he will ever read this, and if I ever meet him, I'll direct him to this exact post where I say this.

Congratulations to Patrick Rothfuss and his wonderful lady Sarah for the birth of their first child, best wishes and happy days ahead. For those of you looking to get into a great fantasy book, read Patrick's, "Name of the Wind."

It's honestly the best new fantasy book I've read this year. 

Okay . . . I'm-a coming Bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment