Friday, September 18, 2009

Looking Back and Looking Ahead Pt. 1

So, I'm sitting in the Quad Office with Mikela right now. For those of you who do not know who Mikela is, she happens to be our resident badass, secretary, ballbuster of State Quad. And she knows this, which means I have no trouble telling the world about her. But I digress, for to tell the world anymore of her secrets, is to put my own mere mortal life, in jeopardy.

I find today a day of reflection I s'pose. Autumn is nothing if change; change as we start school, change as we start friendships, change as we start new relationships and projects and lives. And the inevitable downswing of that change, as all things must end.

I read my friend Kim's blog, Hello, I'm Kmabs. It is fun, and exciting, and goddamn am I excited for her. She has so much excitement coming up; senior shenanigans, college applications, dances and homework and rumination in the simple quiet of the computer lab, thinking how much she's going to miss the joint. And honestly, color me jealous.

I miss those days; the quiet mornings, hanging with Mello and Wass and making a circle of things. Trading quips with Mower, talking with Ruppino bout everything and points of logic and insanity with Senor. Hiding Jesse in Piano cases, Caroline's heart-attack-inducing hugs, Kelsea's quirkiness, Jessica's GTs, adventures with Giuseppe, epic cries of freedom with Jensen and trying to understand Alli on a daily basis. Ha, damn.

Damn.

I miss it. I really do. A depressing fact: Within 2 years, no student at that school will know who I am. Not that that's a horrible, terrible thing. But it completely contradicts my subconscious decision that I want to be remembered. But that's okay, I'm not worried. It's a natural fact that things must eventually fade away and that's okay. Okay . . .

But Kim and Maddie and Jen and Gerald and Laurielle and Bridget and Cody and Mairead and and Christine . . . whether it's first year of college or last year of high school, they are all in for the time of their lives. I wish them luck in all they do and I know they'll be fine, cause heck, look how I turned out. Gotta be something for hope right?

I realize this was a lot of looking back. Which is what I wanted to do, because I won't be able to get to AMHS anytime soon, so I need to be all nostalgic now. But I miss it and hope to come and visit soon.

Alright, Looking Back Portion, shutting down . . . .

1 comment:

  1. Haha thanks Marty!
    Sorry my blogs makes you all sentimental. They were good times though.

    And yes, there will be rumination in the simple quiet of the computer lab, thinking about how much I'm gonna miss it all.

    ReplyDelete