Saturday, September 12, 2009

I Am A Leaf On the Wind . . . Watch How I Soar

Oh me oh my . . . it has been quite the week ladies and gentlemen, oh me oh my . . .

Where to begin?

I guess just as they come . . .

So, let'see . . . big news first . . . the play I have been working on all summer, Fallen, has been accepted by the UAlbany Theatre Department and will be read as a staged reading on March 12, 13, and 14. It is amazing, that feeling that you've been chosen, given that opportunity to share your work with others; it will never become a trite thing in my mind. Fallen, dealing with the fall of Lucifer and the creation of Hell, had auditions on thursday and friday night, with callbacks this morning. I gotta tell ya, there is a helluva lotta talent here at Albany, and it humbles me to have them as my friends. So many people came out and auditioned for my show and whether or not you got a part, thank you. Sincerely, thank you; you've no idea how happy it makes me to see people coming out to be involved in theater and I'm thrilled you're going to be a part of Fallen. Yes, all of you =]

But yes, cast list is almost complete, only Lucifer needs casting, but that'll be taken care of. I can't wait to work on this show with my friends and my professors. Time to watch and learn. Also in acting news, went to a casting call for an extra spot in a new Will Ferrell movie, filming up here in Albany. I hope I was chosen, if not, no worries. But damn, that would be a cool experience. I went with some great buds and it was awesome. I still feel bad for the woman in front of us, having to put up with Matt and I singing "I Will Survive." 

Other writing news, I finally finally FINALLY after three years of bullshit, sent out a copy of one of my short stories to a publisher. Now, we play the waiting game. Send on the rejection letters haha! (Just kidding, but every author will tell you, they got a stack of em before they found a publisher)

Sketchys news: Had our first general interest meeting for new members to come out and check us out. HO-LY CRAP! We had over fifty people there. And then over half of em stuck around for improv! What?! I nearly had a heart attack. I can only imagine how Mizz woulda handled it. I guess that's the motto: What Would Mizz Do?*

*Mizz is former improv chair and man of the year; he is an awesome human*

Also, got into the Presidential Honors Society, so that's very nice. Hope they give me some more options for scholarships, cause you know . . . that would be awesome ha! 

Psh . . . hmmmm . . . anything else? Ah yes.

This is my Top Five. Matt and I made it. These are the top five concerns for the semester.

1: Classes
2: Reslife
3: Finish writing the play (yes I have not finished yet.)
4: Theater Council
5: Improv Chair for Sketchys

I mean girls aren't even in the top five! Great . . . just kidding, but all joking aside, I think it's time to take a step back and relax on the girl front. I've been like a hyperactive labradoodle for two years in trying to get a girlfriend. And honestly, I'm so busy, I got no time to really seek out a girlfriend . . . 

(Listen to me. "Seek" a girlfriend . . . "Go yonder! Seek her beyond the Forests of Night and across the Mass of Quakes. There she lies by the Dragon's Keep!" . . . god my life is a fantasy novel . . .)

But yeah, time to relax, it's like Jesse said, "You know Marty, sometimes they gotta seek you out too!"

That's why I love her, she's a good sister.

Alright, I think that is mostly everything. So, I'm off for now. Time to keep writing Fallen. Tonight, finish Act 1 and start Act 2! 

We are off!

2 comments:

  1. Martin, your contagious energy has me trembling with muscle fatigue and I have not done a thing today except read your blog. Truly, you will become one of those rare people of whom I can proudly say, " I knew him when!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seconded.
    "Martin Cahill? I KNOW HIM."

    Congrats on all of that!

    ReplyDelete