Monday, August 31, 2009

Astronauts and Airplanes

And now begin the busy times . . . classes have started and they are everything I'd hoped for them to be. Science Fiction is awesome, and I have some great friends in it. Voice is a bit odd but that's what I like about it, plus I also have some very cool people in it.

Also in good news: one of my professors is currently reading my play I've been working on, since he asked if I wanted to submit it and then asked if he could read it. What could I say, no? Ha, so that's exciting and nerve-wracking; and if it turns out he likes it, and he needs it, "Fallen," may very well come to stage sooner then expected. So, fingers crossed. 

But onto serious matters for a moment. Couple nights back, I had an odd dream. 

I was supposed to go to the moon, and I was in the ship, floating, freaking out, desperately trying to find footing, find a way to bring myself back down; back down towards friends, family and normalcy. 

I assume it was my subconscious' way of dealing with my brother going to Germany. Because I'm scared for him, a bit. I hope he'll be okay, I think he will be, he's not an idiot. In between those ears is a good brain; I just hope he'll remember to use it when he comes upon the moments he'll need to actually use it. But he'll be okay. It's an adventure and excitement, and Germany should be a blast. He'll find footing, eventually, and turn himself right side up and enjoy the view. And the women . . . and the booze . . . and the -- alright I'll stop haha. 

(Just kidding about the booze and the women, but I have warned him not to accept booze from strange women . . . again, I know, brain moment.)

So good luck to my brother. I know he'll be fine and come back brimming with stories and confidence. Much love to him, and I'll see him in a little while. 

Alright Internet, back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment