Friday, August 28, 2009

Moving on . . . In!

Hey Internet, sorry I'm late. Been quite a hectic week I'll tell you . . . oh, you want me to tell you? Okay then, glad you're so interested in my goings-ons!

On Tuesday, we moved in about 200 freshmen to the dorms. Then Wednesday we moved in about let's say 150 more. Then on Thursday we moved in about 400+ kids, and more will be staggering through the gates in the next few days.

Holy crap Batman . . . that's a lot of kids. But it goes with the territory of being part of reslife, I s'pose. I was put on greeting table for the new and excited/nervous/terrified/bored/angry freshmen. It was a fun time; granted they were all of very different attitudes bout the whole, "college thing." But I hope I calmed 'em down or made 'em a little more at home. 

Met my new suitemates and they're pretty awesome. Harrison is a badass, since he's got a goddamn pin in his finger joint, yet still walks around with a smile, ready to hang out and do other badass things, like alligator cage fights, and racing bikers in a gang . . . on foot! Jaime is pretty, as he would say, "chill." He's 6'5, (I imagine,) into the 60s, has what I would call wearable acid trips, aka brightly colored stuff, and an awesome head of hair, the kind you buy at Woodstock. He too is into badass things, but not quite as dangerous as Harrison. Though if I bet him to do an alligator cage fight, he'd probably find a way to talk me into doing it for him. Cause he's just that chill.

Monday starts classes. I am quite excited, as all I'm taking are english and theater classes, my 1-Up and Super Mushroom of the academic world, to make a Super Mario reference. This weekend will include seeing friends, sleeping, eating, writing, and seeing friends, and then on Monday, it shall begin!

Until then my dear Internet . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment