Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Random Stew

Hello those who read this, and those who don't, I bed thee welcome.

Been a busy past couple of days; let's see if this old brain can remember some of it. Got up here to Albany on sunday, and honestly, it feels great to be back. I thought it would be that weird, odd, "oh I'm here again?" kind of feeling, but felt like coming home again. Got my stuff packed up and into my room, which is also a lot bigger and grander then last years, though there is this odd amount of dirt and sand gathering along my windowsill . . . strange, must be from the construction . . . or those beach parties . . . ah well, never mind, moving on.

Training for residential life has been going very well, though I could do without the looooooong days, but well, it's necessary. I heard a metaphor that we're so closely bonded with one another, because this is like a military institutions; crappy conditions pull people together I guess. But everyone is really awesome, especially my supervisor Brandon, who has done every job from here to the end of the earth and if he hasn't wrangled dinosaurs yet, it's only because he hasn't been giving the opportunity. Joe is also becoming increasingly awesome, since it seems we're the same person, from parallel worlds; english majors who do theater and improv and jones for shakespeare unite!

But things have been going well, hopefully going to have some free time tonight to work on some writing, or get some reading done. By the way, a note; when I do post writing up here, the format shall be thus: I will post a tidbit of some writing I've done, but not all since people like to steal shit on the internet, (no not you guys, those guys behind you!) Ha kidding of course, but it is entirely possible. So I'll post a bit, and if you want to read more, I'll provide an email you can send to me and ask to read and I'll be all like, SURE!

Anywho, it's been nice talking Internet, but I'm off to the world of thoughts and ideas and most likely sleep, cause damn I'm tired. A quote for tonight, on life. This is provided by my boss, who after eating UA Ice cream said, that much like life, "It's f*cking delicious!"

No comments:

Post a Comment