Saturday, August 22, 2009

Wheel of Morality, Turn, Turn, Turn!

Hey my little minions of the internet, good to see you all again. Today my lesson is one of morality as well as some new bits of interest thrown your way. Those are first.

-Tried Green Tea Ice Cream: Prognosis: Not bad, had a very earthy quality to it, one could say slime, since that is part of the earth, but I'll opt for grains of dirt. Not much better, true, but it did possess a rough texture, and it was a little funky at first, but damn it was tasty.

- Don't Parallel Park By Lark Street: Especially when you see a giant fire-truck come barreling down the street and parking right in front of where you are, AS you parallel park. Yes, I know this requires hindsight or clairvoyance, but still, its a word to the wise.

- Inglorious Bastards, by the incorrigible Quintin Tarantino, is one of the best films of the summer, right up there with Star Trek (drool), and District 9 (tear). It has Brad Pitt as a nazi scalp-hunter, a 25 second bar fight that will leave you asthmatic, and a finale that was far better then the actual conclusion of the real world WWII. Good on you Quintin, keep it. And yes that was me just now butchering your name. Deal with it.

And that brings us to the lesson of the night. My brother works at a movie theater; I respect the government of a movie theater and appreciate when I can bypass that government through my brother's intervention. However, sneaking into a theater has never been an option in my opinion. Tonight, in the whirlwind of getting into Bastards, a guy I never met, but with us, handed me a ticket stub and said, "It's starting, GO!" I blankly walked ahead, not sure if I should be doing it, or if I could get away with it. Yet without missing a beat, I made for the theater like I'd been there all my life, met the man's eyes, and said a, "hey how's it going?" without batting an eye, as I showed him the ticket stub. He didn't stop me and I walked on into the theater, feeling as guilty as a nun at a carnival, (not that she should but who knows how many lewd and lascivious things lay in wait?)

Luckily God likes to stay consistent in the irony of my life; the show was oversold, not a seat in the house available. Thank God! Ha, I was deathly guilty over it all, and for the show we went to, I bought myself a ticket, even though this guy tried doing the same schtick. Not for me; I'm all for a bit of mischief, but I like to keep it kosher, not provide a chance for myself to get in trouble.

And the worst part, is that it was easy. If that show hadn't been oversold, I would have been in and in for good. Management would never have known of the ten dollars they'd missed out on, not a lot yes, but damnit it's the principle of the thing.

So lesson of the night to all you ne'er-do-wells. Just because a thing is easy to do, and get away with, it doesn't make it the right thing to do. Alright, now. Bed.

G'night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment